Putting together something simple but impressively RAW when guests drop by can be challenging but not so if you have some basics always on hand. Cashew Nut Cheese is something I pretty well have all the time now in my fridge. I make a lot of nut milk for use in the form of mayo’s so it stands to reason I have plenty of the beautiful cheezey by-product around too.
So take three good dessert spoons of cashew nut cheese and placed in a bowl and season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Take a small round stainless steel food ‘form’. Slice off a round of cucumber to drop neatly into the form. Then get stacking. First:
- Add the first layer of cashew nut cheese
- Followed by finely diced tomato and cucumber with squeeze of lime or lemon and chilli flakes mixed in
- Then top off with diced gherkin
- Slide the form off
- Garnish with a dice or two of tomato and some shredded basil
- Finish by assembling on a white serving plate with equal drizzles of fresh lime/lemon juice and either olive or macadamia oil with a grind or two of cracked pepper.
- SERVE to guests who will be blown away by the taste combination.
This easy and simple yet divinely impressive presentation of RAW canapes is a sure winner when the unexpected or the planned guests arrive!!
Powered by Facebook Comments