This spicy Veggie Wrap is a big hit!
My Let’s Eat Raw recipe book continues to be received enthusiastically around the world. Recipes and ingredients so simple, yet brilliantly tasty.
“I made your vegetable wraps with dipping sauce as part of a healthy ‘baby shower lunch’ today. They went over well. Tomorrow night’s sauce is ready for zucchini vegehetti. Love that spiraliser too! Thank you.” Deb Scraps
- 1 choko or zucchini/courgette, julienned and soaked in limejuice
- ½ red bell pepper (capsicum) diced
- 2 spring onions (scallions) peeled
- ½ small cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ kaffir lime leaf, vein removed, and leaf finely chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice
- salt and freshly ground flat pepper, to taste
- green leaves such as lettuce, spinach, kale, collard or chinese cabbage (choose leaves without too many veins)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- .5 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- ¼ macadamia oil
- ⅛ cup Nama Shoyu (organic, fermented light soy sauce)
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tsps Agave (add more to taste)
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped (for garnish)
- Combine the chokos or zucchini, shallots, cucumber, tomatoes, kaffir lime leaf, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Mix to combine and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the veins from the greens so that the leaves fold easily and begin to fill the leaves with diced vegetables from the end of the leaf closest to you.
- By doing it this way it will roll up easily.
- Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve in small diping dishes alongise the wraps.
- Garnish with coriander.
For this and 79 more easy-to-make raw vegan recipes, check out my Let’s Eat Raw recipe book here! GREAT Christmas Present IDEA!!
Scott Mathias is a Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC) and a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). Scott is a Digestive Health and Raw Food Educator who takes an integrative approach to solutions, based on functional aspects of the body and his own ‘self healing’ experience which led him to create his own iLifeFoods range of plant-protein healing products. A former television network presenter both in Australia and New Zealand, Scott is the author of ‘Understanding The Divine Gut – How To Eat Your Way To Ultimate Digestive Health’ and the acclaimed, ‘Lets Eat RAW’ Vegan recipe book. Scott lives in Noosa, QLD with his partner Clare and his 14yr old Maltese/Shitzu dog ‘Toasti’.