If you have ever wondered why so many RAW Vegan’s have smiles on their faces, it’s because they enjoy some of the most amazing flavours that nature can throw at them.
Take this Garlic Cashew Mayo/Aioli for example – once you pre-soak the cashews for 2-4 hours, you have the basis of a creamy, garlic aioli or mayonnaise – and because of the lemon juice and olive oil, it keeps well in the refrigerator. Once you try this, you’ll never choose store-bought mayo again.
- 1 cup of unsalted cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours)
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ shallot
- ½ tsp salt (I use a high magnesium/low sodium salt from Lake Deborah
- ½ cup of filtered water
- 5 tbsp of cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain organic mustard
- Drain the cashews and rinse thoroughly.
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil and mustard, into a high-power blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- With the blender running slowly, pour in the olive oil.
- Add the mustard and pulse until incorporated into the aioli.
- For a thinner mix, add more water and oil until the desired consistency.
If you’re enjoying these recipes, feel free to share with your friends and please leave a comment below. I love to get your feedback.
Scott Mathias is a Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC) and a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). Scott is a Digestive Health and Raw Food Educator who takes an integrative approach to solutions, based on functional aspects of the body and his own ‘self healing’ experience which led him to create his own iLifeFoods range of plant-protein healing products. A former television network presenter both in Australia and New Zealand, Scott is the author of‘Understanding The Divine Gut – How To Eat Your Way To Ultimate Digestive Health’ and the acclaimed, ‘Lets Eat RAW’Vegan recipe book. Scott lives in Noosa, QLD with his Scottish partner Clare Darwish.
Powered by Facebook Comments