Using cauliflower as a Pizza Base is a wonderful variation on the norm – using nuts and seeds etc. This is a delightfully fragrant, spongy base that will have the family crying out for seconds. TIP: Serve straight from the dehydrator if you like your food slightly warm and top with a freshly-made tomato sugo (sauce), marinated mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, olives and a generous sprinkling of nut ‘parmesan-type’ cheese.
- 1 Whole Med. Sized Cauliflower trimmed and chopped into pieces
- 1 Cup of Nut Parmesan Cheese (¾ cup of macadamia nut fines blended with ¼ cup of nutritional or savory yeast, a grind of black pepper – also keep some back for topping)
- ¼ to ½ cup of Flax Meal (ground Linseeds)
- S&P to taste
- Squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- 4 Lge. Vine Tomatoes –hold a ½ back for topping
- 1 Cup of Sundried or Semi Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- ½ Red Bell Pepper –hold 2 dsp. back for topping
- 1 Dsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of your favourite Olives
- 1 Tsp. Mixed Italian Herbs
- 7 Fresh Thyme Stems or fresh Basil
- S&P to taste
- Blend these ingredients in your food processor using the lime juice to create a firm but pliable mixture with the cauliflower pieces 1-2mm in size.
- Using a stainless steel spatula spread the mixture into a circle on your teflex paper if you are using a dehydrator or baking paper if using your oven.
- Turn your dehydrator to 145F and let run for 1hr and then turn back to 115F.
- As soon as the base starts to firm up it’s ready to be turned over.
- Continue to dry in dehydrator for another 5-6hrs and the oven 3-4hrs. Avoid making it too dry.
- Blend the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, oil and mixed herbs until a rich and smooth sauce consistency is achieved.
- Add more sundried tomatoes to make it richer if necessary.
- Once the base is dried, spread the topping sauce around it, covering the surface area completely to a ½ cm thickness.
- Place the base back in the dehydrator for another hour so that the sauce dries and consolidates.
- Arrange the rest of the toppings on your pizza base.
- Finish off by sprinkling with more nut Parmesan and adding the sprigs of thyme or basil and serve.
I‘m a Digestive Health Specialist, RAW Food Chef and Author living in beautiful Noosa, Australia and teaching globally. As I approach 60, my journey to excellent health began when I sought and found natural means to heal myself of a chronic digestive disorder. I founded iLifeFoods.com, a 100% pure Australian Digestive Health and Plant Protein Company, and then proceeded to further change my lifestyle to support my ongoing excellent health by learning to prepare and serve the most amazing RAW food. I am also the Author of ‘Understanding The Divine Gut’ and the upcoming ‘ Let’s Eat RAW ‘ recipe book. Do join me in knowing more. I am here to help you find your personal freedom. – See more at: https://scottmathiasraw.com/raw-food-recipe-mushroom-stroganoff/#sthash.r6yfpOht.dpuf
Powered by Facebook Comments