This Week’s Challenge? Mushrooms with Wild Herb Cream Sauce!
Here’s another quick and simple recipe for you to try as part of the Let’s Eat Raw Midweek Challenge. A little bit more effort than last week, but most of the time involved is in soaking nuts and preparing the marinade. The actual presentation will take you just a few minutes. So, if you’re the type of person who likes to be organised, here we go!
- 12 Med. Size Swiss Brown or Portobello mushrooms bases trimmed
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup of Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup of Coconut Palm Syrup or Agave
- ½ Cup of RAW Cashews – soaked at least 1 hour
- ½ Cup of Macadamia Fines – finely chopped macadamia nuts (no need to soak)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Juice from 2 Limes
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Thyme leaves & as some whole fresh pieces of thyme for garnish
- 1 Tsp. of Olive Oil
- S&P to taste
- Blend these ingredients and adjust seasonings to suit.
- Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and place onto kitchen paper to absorb the excess moisture.
- Line the mushrooms up on a nice serving platter.
- Drizzle the cream sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle some the thyme pieces as a garnish.
- Splash some olive oil over the top along with an additional grind of black pepper.
Now you know WHAT to make and HOW to make it! It’s YOUR TURN. Scott Mathias Raw is all about spreading the word on healthy, delicious food and the incredible benefits you get by eating raw – even for one meal a week. I would LOVE it if you would send me a picture of this yummy starter – and most importantly – let me know how this dish is received. Please help spread the word on Raw by:
- Posting to your Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or other social media account and hashtag #scottmathiasraw (this is so I get to hear about it 🙂 ).
- Adding your comment telling me what you liked or DIDN’T like about the recipe and the reactions you received from others. I LOVE feedback!
- Or you can email pics and comments to email@example.com
- Post your comments in the COMMENT boxes below – add a link to your images if you can!
- The ‘WINNER’ will be announced NEXT WEDNESDAY!
Remember, there are no losers here… you can add these recipes to your own repetoire and share with your friends, then everyone WINS! However, this is a challenge (!) so I will choose the BEST story and picture and post on next Wednesday’s blog along with another simple and nutritious recipe for you to try. The WINNER will receive ALL 30 VIDEO RECIPES from my RAW Food Revolution series (value $39).
And remember…. RAW FOOD is all about LIBERATION, not LIMITATION!
PS… if you’re not the competitive type but want to show some love, then simply leave a short comment and ‘rate the recipe’ by clicking the stars below the comments box – THANK YOU 🙂
PPS… DID YOU KNOW that you can print this recipe off by simply clicking on the ‘print’ button below the recipe image?
PPPS… DID YOU ALSO KNOW that you can give this recipe a STAR RATING? Just leave a comment, suggestion or picture in the box below and click on the star rating you think this recipe deserves. Thank you 🙂
Scott Mathias is a Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC) and a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP).. Scott is a Digestive Health and Raw Food Educator who takes an integrative approach to solutions, based on functional aspects of the body and his own ‘selfhealing’ experience which led him to create his own iLifefoods range of plant-protein healing products. A former television network presenter both in Australia and New Zealand, Scott is the author of ‘Understanding The Divine Gut – How To Eat Your Way To Ultimate Digestive Health’ and the soon-to-be published ‘Lets Eat RAW’ Vegan recipe book. Scott lives in Noosa, QLD with his partner Clare Darwish and his 14yr old Maltese/Shitzu dog ‘Toasti’
Powered by Facebook Comments