Sometimes I get old world hankerings for comfort food. I don’t dive for the potato crisps or wine any more. Instead, I create something deliciously ALIVE !!
My trick is to ‘think’ it through, looking at an image of cooked food and seeing how I can replicate the dish entirely uncooked and RAW. So here is my take on Mushroom Stroganoff which I know you will enjoy.
- 2 Cups of Button Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- ½ White or Red Onion
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Shoyu Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Semi/Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- ½ Cup of Soaked Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup of Coconut Cream (I prefer Nakula brand)
- ¼ Cup of Chopped Parsley
- S&P for taste
- 1 Med Cauliflower broken down into florettes
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Dash of Olive Oil
- First put the sliced mushrooms into a bowl and add the olive oil, shoyu sauce and juice of 1 lemon along with ½ tsp. of desert salt and a good grind of black pepper. Leave them immersed for an hour or two until fully marinaded.
- In your Vitamix/Thermomix or vertical blender add the cashew nuts, coconut cream, garlic, onion, juice from one lemon and the semi-dried tomatoes. Blend thoroughly. Add salt to taste. Add also a dsp. equivalent of the marinade, which will give the sauce a rich ‘reduced’ appearance.
- Now strain off the mushrooms into a separate prep bowl and pour in the creamy liquid. Fold in the mushrooms. If you have some of the cream left then keep that aside and use as a mayo base for salads etc. Set aside for 15 minute to let the creamy flavours infuse through the mushrooms.
- Drop the florettes into your food processor and pulse to a rice consistency. Add the lime juice, dash of oil and S&P to taste.
- Spoon off the rice into a nice serving dish and ladle off the stroganoff mixture and top off with parsley, finishing with a drizzle of oil and a grind of pepper.
- This is a hearty old fashioned meal which will warm the cockles of any open heart!!
I‘m a Digestive Health Specialist, RAW Food Chef and Author living in beautiful Noosa, Australia and teaching globally. As I approach 60, my journey to excellent health began when I sought and found natural means to heal myself of a chronic digestive disorder. I founded iLifeFoods.com, a 100% pure Australian Digestive Health and Plant Protein Company, and then proceeded to further change my lifestyle to support my ongoing excellent health by learning to prepare and serve the most amazing RAW food. I am also the Author of ‘Understanding The Divine Gut’ and the upcoming ‘ Let’s Eat RAW ‘ recipe book. Do join me in knowing more. I am here to help you find your personal freedom.
Powered by Facebook Comments