My new ‘themed’ menus are going down a treat (pardon the pun). As 2013 began, I decided to introduce a variety of tastes from around the world that we all love. My RAW Vegan lifestyle is never boring, in fact, there’s hardly a carrot in sight in my kitchen these days because I experiment with lots of different ingredients and flavours. My latest hobby (and part of my course experience for my guests) is to select a recipe at random from my favourite magazines and cookbooks such as ‘Gourmet Traveler’ or ‘Dish’ and then replicate them WITHOUT cooking and WITHOUT using flour, processed sugars, dairy or meat products.
RAW Falafel and Coriander Cream
I’ve surprised myself at the outcomes and the simplicity with which some of the worlds favourite dishes can be created simply by using a little imagination. What a great way to relax after a challenging day at work or when the kids have gone to bed. Sit down with a nice cuppa or glass of your favourite tipple and switch off from the daily routine and just contemplate the possibilities.
Clare also found this quirky new ‘easy recipe’ tool which she has installed on the blog, and will be converting some of my previous recipes on the blog over the next few days, so watch this space… AND now you can download your own copy of my raw recipes to add to your healthy food repertoire.
In response to the calls for this RAW Falafel Recipe which is just one part of my all-RAW Vegan Greek Menu, I’m posting the ‘how to’ right here. ENJOY!
- 2 Cups of Dried Chick Peas left to soak overnight and rinsed over 2-3 days to stimulate sprouting.
- 1 Cup of Fresh or Frozen Garden peas thawed.
- ¼ Diced Red Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Clutch of Fresh Coriander
- ½ Tsp of Cumin Powder
- ¼ Tsp Coriander Powder
- Lge Squeeze of Lemon/Lime Juice
- Dash of Macadamia Oil
- Combine all the ingredients into your food processor and mix thoroughly holding back on some of the oil and juice. Consistency should be firm and cohesive so that you can either roll into small balls or make patties.
- Lay the patties out on your drying tray if you have a dehydrator or baking dish if you intend to use your oven to dry on no more than 50C, fan on and door open. Dehydrate for several hours turn every hour.
- These will be ready between 3-4 hrs.
- A fan oven may only take 2-3 hrs. You will know when they are dried.
- Serve with Coriander garlic cream sauce.
- Use the cashew cream recipe shown in the Moussaka recipe but remix by adding more lemon/lime juice and a small clutch of fresh coriander.
January and February saw the introduction of a RAW Italian meal theme, and after posting some of those dishes on my Facebook page, the cry went out for more ‘themed’ menus. So March has had me focusing on Greek food and with bookings already coming in for April, I’m now looking at Moroccan, Indian, Thai and Turkish with no doubt many more examples of this wonderful world’s cuisines to play around with.
So far, the response has been phenomenal. In fact, every single class this year has been SOLD OUT well in advance and in some cases even over-subscribed. Recently, my partner Clare and I moved into a new house with the genuine intention of being able to cope with the growing demand. We’ve also been asked for ‘immersion’ courses and are now planning on offering residential courses over the weekend or longer in the coming months. So, if you’re serious about changing your eating habits and find you need a bit more than just a day class, we will be able to invite you to come and live with us in our beautiful home in the Noosa Hinterland very soon.
CLICK HERE for more info on the RAW Food Masterclasses which are held every other Saturday at my home here in Doonan on the Sunshine Coast of beautiful Queensland, Australia.
I‘m a Digestive Health Specialist and Author living in beautiful Noosa, Australia and teaching globally. As I approach 60, my journey to excellent health began when I sought and found natural means to heal myself of a chronic digestive disorder. I founded iLifeFoods.com, a 100% pure Australian Digestive Health and Hemp Protein Company, and then proceeded to further change my lifestyle to support my ongoing excellent health by learning to prepare and serve the most amazing RAW food. I am also the Author of ‘Understanding The Divine Gut’. Do join me in knowing more. I am here to help you find your personal freedom.
Powered by Facebook Comments