Here it is, a new EASY recipe that doesn’t involve COOKING. Yay!
Today is Wednesday … you have time to plan ahead and obtain your ingredients before the weekend. So, decide now. Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Great!
Very Easy, Very Yummy
This VERY EASY recipe kicks off this series of ‘challenges’ and it’s one that I KNOW everyone will love! Who doesn’t love CHOCOLATE MOUSSE? This “Let’s Eat Raw” challenge recipe is as I said last week, a GREAT way to get kids to eat more vegetables because even though it’s a chocolate mousse, NONE of the ingredients contain harmful sugars and the ‘mousse’ texture is achieved by using AVOCADOS …. yes, you heard right AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE! The taste is seriously DELICIOUS. Let’s get going!
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 3 Desert Spoons of Maple Syrup or Agave (reserve some to adjust flavour before serving)
- 3 Desert Spoons of Cacao Powder
- A dash of pure Vanilla essence
- A pinch of Salt
- Cacao Nibs for topping
- Place all the ingredients into a small 2-Cup type blender or regular blender and blitz until creamy and smooth.
- Hold back on some of the Maple or Agave to finish off based on your sweet preference.
- Spoon in separate serving glass and top with Cacao Nib (Increase quantities to suit).
So the challenge has been issued!
Now you know WHAT to make and HOW to make it! It’s YOUR TURN. As Scott Mathias Raw is all about spreading the word on healthy, delicious food, (and the incredible benefits you get by eating raw – even for one meal a week) I would LOVE it if you would send me a picture of your dessert – and most importantly – let me know how the kids or your friends reacted. Here’s what to do:
- Just post to your Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or other social media account and hashtag #scottmathiasraw (this is so I get to hear about it 🙂 ).
- Add your comment telling me what you liked or DIDN’T like about the recipe and the reactions you received from others. I LOVE feedback!
- Or you can email pics and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post your comments in the COMMENT boxes below – add a link to your images if you can!
- The ‘WINNER’ will be announced NEXT WEDNESDAY!
The brilliant thing is, if you (and others in your circles) love the recipe, we’re all winners! However, I will choose the BEST story and picture and post on next Wednesday’s blog along with the next recipe for you to try. The WINNER will receive ALL 30 VIDEO RECIPES from my RAW Food Revolution series (value $39).
I really hope you’ll join the challenge – it’s a few ingedients and 5 mins – and a lot of deliciousness and fun!
And remember…. RAW FOOD is about LIBERATION, not LIMITATION!
PS… if you’re not the competitive type but want to show some love, then simply leave a short comment and ‘rate the recipe’ by clicking the stars below the comments box – THANK YOU 🙂
Scott Mathias (Certified Holistic Health Coach. American Association of Drugless Practitioners) CHHC. AADP is a Digestive Health and Raw Food Educator. He takes an integrative approach to solutions, based on functional aspects of the body and his own ‘selfhealing’ experience which led him to create his own iLifefoods range of plant-protein healing products. He is also a former television network presenter both in Australia and New Zealand. He is the Author of ‘Understanding The Divine Gut – How To Eat Your Way To Ultimate Digestive Health’ and the soon-to-be published ‘Lets Eat RAW’ Vegan recipe book. He lives in Noosa, QLD with his partner Clare Darwish and his 14yr old Malteze/Shitzu dog ‘Toasti’