If you have ever wondered why so many RAW Vegan’s have smiles on their faces, it’s because they enjoy some of the most amazing flavours that nature can throw at them.
Take this Garlic Cashew Mayo/Aioli for example – once you pre-soak the cashews for 2-4 hours, you have the basis of a creamy, garlic aioli or mayonnaise – and because of the lemon juice and olive oil, it keeps well in the refrigerator. Once you try this, you’ll never choose store-bought mayo again.
- 1 cup of unsalted cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours)
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ shallot
- ½ tsp salt (I use a high magnesium/low sodium salt from Lake Deborah
- ½ cup of filtered water
- 5 tbsp of cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain organic mustard
- Drain the cashews and rinse thoroughly.
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil and mustard, into a high-power blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- With the blender running slowly, pour in the olive oil.
- Add the mustard and pulse until incorporated into the aioli.
- For a thinner mix, add more water and oil until the desired consistency.
Credit: The Unbakery by Megan May
Use this mayo on it’s own or as a base for any creamy dip by adding your favourite herbs, chilli or spices.
If you’re enjoying these recipes, feel free to share with your friends and please leave a comment below. We love reading your comments.
Powered by Facebook Comments